Your child needs orthodontic treatment, but he would do anything to avoid traditional metal braces. He comes to you with a plea for Invisalign Teen in Jacksonville FL — but you want answers. Does Invisalign Teen work as well as traditional braces? And is Invisalign Teen affordable? To help you make the decision that’s right for you and your child, your dentist in Jacksonville has put together this FAQ for Invisalign Teen. Keep reading for everything you need to know about your child’s clear braces!
Q: How does Invisalign Teen compare to traditional braces?
A: While there are some key differences between Invisalign Teen and traditional metal braces, the method for straightening remains the same. Invisalign Teen uses trusted orthodontic techniques for improving the position of the teeth. Just like with metal brackets and wires, Invisalign places focused pressure on certain areas of the bite to bring it into proper alignment. The most significant difference? Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to achieve the same wonderful results.
Q: What are some of the advantages of Invisalign Teen?
A: Traditional braces can present real problems for the budding self-confidence of image-conscious teens. That’s why many parents ultimately decide that Invisalign Teen is the right orthodontic solution for their child. But there are several advantages of Invisalign Teen in addition to its discreet method.
Additional benefits of clear braces with Invisalign include:
- Removable trays eliminate the need for modifications to the diet.
- Invisalign can be removed before contact sports to prevent injuries to lips, cheeks, and tongue.
- Removable trays make brushing and flossing as easy as before orthodontic treatments.
- Smooth plastic aligners are more comfortable and less likely to rub sores in the cheeks and lips, compared to metal brackets and wires.
- Invisalign Teen requires fewer visits to the dentist than are necessary with traditional braces — plus your child will never need an emergency visit to fix a broken bracket or loose wire.
Q: How long does Invisalign Teen treatment last?
A: While your child’s treatment will depend on his or her unique orthodontic needs, the average Invisalign Teen treatment lasts as long as that of traditional braces.
Q: What does Invisalign Teen treat?
A: Invisalign treats the most common orthodontic issues, and as a result it has helped over 3 million patients worldwide achieve straighter teeth. Invisalign Teen can improve crowding, gaps between teeth, as well as overbite, underbite, and crossbite.
Q: How can we get started with Invisalign Teen?
A: If you’d like to learn whether or not your child’s orthodontic issues are treatable with Invisalign Teen, schedule an appointment with Dr. Wagner at Eccella!