If you’ve got damaged or imperfect teeth, a smile makeover may sound too good to be true. But your cosmetic dentist in Jacksonville knows it’s a highly effective method for transforming imperfect teeth. The smile makeover is a comprehensive approach that pulls from different areas of dentistry to at last reveal the smile you’ve always dreamed about.
Common Cosmetic Dental Issues
It doesn’t really matter what caused your dental flaws. Whether your imperfections are the result of decay, damage, injury, or simple genetic factors, when imperfections get in the way of your smile confidence, that’s when it’s time to seek a solution.
If you’re frequently hiding your teeth, smiling with your lips closed, or are otherwise reluctant to show your teeth, the full smile makeover transforms your appearance.
Some of the most common dental issues treated by a smile makeover include tooth loss, orthodontic problems, restoring broken, chipped, or decayed teeth, and other considerations. We’ll also consider a few other things while determining how to go about your smile makeover.
- Tooth color: Foods, beverages, genetics, medications, and other factors affect the shade of your teeth.
- Tooth length: Short, stubby teeth age a smile.
- Proportion: If the size of your teeth and smile line are off, it can greatly affect the overall appearance of your smile.
- Harmony and overall impression: What impression is your smile giving off?
What a Smile Makeover Includes
A smile makeover may include two or more of the following treatments.
- Restorative dentistry: Crown and bridge, tooth extraction, dental implants, full or partial dentures, gum disease treatment
- Cosmetic dentistry: Tooth colored fillings or cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, professional teeth whitening, all-ceramic restorations
- General dentistry: TMJ treatment, nightguards for bruxism, orthodontics
The time it takes to complete your smile makeover depends on the number and type of treatments that you need. Porcelain veneers are completed in two visits to the dentist, while dental implants or orthodontic treatment may take up to one year to complete.
To begin your full smile makeover, you and your dentist will discuss the factors that caused your dental problems as well as what you would like to accomplish with the treatment. Considering your lifestyle and personal smile goals, your dentist will put together a treatment plan built just for you.
Full Smile Makeovers Are Worth the Investment
Correcting your smile imperfections isn’t just about smiling with full confidence once again, though that is a significant benefit of the comprehensive treatment. When your teeth line up the way they should, you enjoy better oral and overall health, too. Difficulty cleaning crowded or gapped teeth contributes to tooth decay and gum disease.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to get started with your smile transformation, we invite you to get in touch with the team at Eccella Smiles. We can’t wait to help patients enjoy healthy, beautiful teeth and gums! Schedule an appointment to discuss what’s possible with the full smile makeover today.